The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer is focused on improving existing manufacturing and business processes to improve performance on quality, cost, and delivery for market leading engineering companies. You will be responsible for providing strategic direction around lean manufacturing initiatives, facilitate cross-functional teams to drive improvements in manufacturing performance.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-motivated person, who is able to manage their own time and workload against conflicting priorities. You must have a high level of attention to detail and dynamic approach.
Tasked with investigating, sourcing, and developing solutions to issues throughout the factory, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible in leading site operations that contribute towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilising lean manufacturing & continuous improvement techniques.
- The Continuous Improvement Engineer, working closely with the Production Manager will strategically implement lean manufacturing to continually improve the production process.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure equipment and consumables used are appropriate to the operations and are the most efficient solution.
- Contribute to the 5s initiative to ensure that improvements are sustained and entrenched within the business.
- Host Kaizen improvement events.
- Ensure the factory layout, both at macro and micro levels, is suitable for an efficient manufacturing process.
- Experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of implementing lean manufacturing/continuous improvement
- Six sigma green belt qualification would be desirable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org