Our client is a leading name in automotive manufacturing, who work hard to do things differently to their competitors, they understand that their people are what makes our company successful. It’s our clients aim to create an environment where their employees want to work, to do this they always trying to be better and are passionate about finding the right people to join their team.
WLS Recruitment are currently on the lookout for a Project Quality Engineer to join their clients projects team supporting new product introduction. As a Project Quality Engineer, you are responsible for all project quality activities in line with customer and internal requirements to guarantee product/process qualification on time.
In return we offer a supportive, stimulating working environment in which you will be encouraged to reach your full potential; as well a comprehensive selection of benefits including Life Assurance, Income Protection Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Group Pension Scheme, Cycle 2 Work scheme and Buy and Sell Holiday Options.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
Participating in validating product/process feasibility.
Identifying and formalising the important characteristics to be controlled, including S/R characteristics (Safety and Regulations), and ensure compliance with the associated rules during the project phase.
Leading product/process FMEAs and monitoring action plans
Leading geometric convergence and negotiating with the customer.
Validating initial samples from toolmakers/integrators
Managing product/process qualification (PPAP)
Producing and coordinating project quality deliverables on the internal portal (PLM) (geometric files, control plan, FMEA, inspection reports, PPAP file, etc.) and all project deliverables on the customer portals.
Identifying and measuring project quality risks, analyse the causes and implement preventive or corrective measures, if necessary, informing the project quality coordinator or line manager.
Leading phase reviews with the project manager and establishing project quality reports.
Ensuring communication with the production plant, supporting the ramp-up process
- Capitalising on lessons learned.
- Being the customer’s main contact for all aspects of project quality
- Meeting the customer’s quality milestones
- Participating in the economic results of the project (validation of parts without additional quality costs)
- Guaranteeing that the Group’s and customer’s quality systems are applied to projects.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the Group’s businesses (cutting/stamping, roll forming, hot forming and assembly)
- Fluent in English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Degree or equivalent qualification in quality or technical subjects
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Basic knowledge of geometry (reading drawings and numerical definitions, tolerancing, ISO dimensioning, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality tools (PPAP, FMEA, reverse FMEA, monitoring plan, MSA, APQP, etc.)
- Knowledge of problem-solving and analysis tools (MRPS, 8D, 5 Whys, Ishikawa, etc.)
- Be familiar with customer quality requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com